Miyerkules, Agosto 24, 2011

Acrylic Attempt

Elsed S. Togonon. Deity. Acrylic on canvas. 9x12
Honestly, I have never tried painting on a real canvas. I quit right before I supposed to learn painting when I was still studying Fine Arts in Bacolod. I must say, rendering colors is not really my forte. I do well in handling pen and ink.

My interest in painting using acrylic started when  I discovered that small-sized canvases are available in National Bookstore. I also thought acrylic paint is more sophisticated that oil paint, only to realize that I have been using the former already, but not in canvas.  

This painting titled Deity is one of my first few masterpieces using acrylic painting as medium.

What makes this painting special is that, the Creative Writing Institute of the University of San Agustin will use it as a book cover for the SanAg Literary Journal. How cool is that?

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento